Foreclosure prevention resources and tools that will assist troubled homeowners in taking action after they have educated themselves on the available options to prevent a foreclosure.
- Foreclosure prevention books
- Counselors and foreclosure services
- Government and non-profit agencies
- Legal assistance
- Worksheets, forms and guides
- Contact us… get help
- Contact your lender: The Mortgage Bankers Association provides official contact information for banks and mortgage lenders.
- Get a free copy of your credit report: Everyone is eligible to get one free copy of their credit report every 12 months. The health of your credit will determine what options are available to you when deciding how to save your home from foreclosure. Regardless, it is also a good idea to obtain a copy of your credit report to check what is being reported by your mortgage company or loan servicer.